Author Topic: issue with email after purchase  (Read 28 times)

ne0rmatrix

issue with email after purchase
« on: June 27, 2018, 05:33:30 AM »
Ok just to start off i figured out what issue was and i did receive confirmation email about buying ebook. Issue is i had to click on thin blue bar with no label of info at top left of email that i moused over to get ebook. Other than a think half inch thick blue bar inside email that i just by chance moused over and then realized it was link i would have been lost trying to find the book. It was very confusing. It was only desperation to read book that had me spend over 10 minutes moving mouse around email trying to find link lol.

Thomas

• Administrator
Re: issue with email after purchase
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 08:10:04 AM »
I'm sorry you had a problem with the emails my media distributor, Selz, is sending out. I've had similar problems during the past two weeks as I worked to upload the files to Selz and prepare them for downloading by purchasers. Usually, when you see a link such as the words 'Click Here', you can click anywhere on the words and activate the link. I was pulling my hair out after repeatedly trying to activate a link that wouldn't work until, quite by accident, I clicked on a spot at the 'VERY TOP' of the words and it suddenly worked. The 'hand' symbol that you see when you put your mouse's cursor over a hyperlink and the image of an arrow changes to show you it's a hyperlink, changed whenever you put the cursor anywhere on the link area, but it wouldn't function until you placed it at the 'very' top. Perhaps Selz isn't aware of what one of their programmers has done, and perhaps it isn't even intentional. I'm seeing a lot of new changes in their user interfaces, which is ALWAYS frustrating in a system that has been in production for some time and users are familiar with the previous way. Once I get all of the marketing completed with the newest book, I'll write to them and inform them of the difficulties they're causing users.

ne0rmatrix

Re: issue with email after purchase
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 08:14:51 AM »
Yes that is exactly the experience i had. Had to mouse over just a tiny little blue bar with no other information and see it was a hyperlink. LOL it took a few minutes to find it then click on it. No click here for ebook or anything but a blue bar that could be clicked on. So anyone getting email like that would have any clue as to how to get book.