Author Topic: The Invasion Begins  (Read 907 times)

Thomas

• Administrator
Re: The Invasion Begins
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2018, 06:14:13 PM »

I have also been wondering how far you've gotten with Border Patrol 4?

I've been devoting all my time to The Invasion Begins because the plot is so complex, with so many different subplots. I've also begun AGU-13 because I wanted to make sure the two stories would align perfectly before I released AGU-12. I did that with AGU-11 and AGU-12 so the continuation would appear seamless.

But once I put AGU-12 to bed in July, I'll be working on AGU:BP-04.

Thomas

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2018, 08:09:49 PM »
Breaking News........Breaking News........Breaking News........Breaking News........Breaking News........Breaking News........Breaking News........Breaking News........Breaking News........Breaking News........Breaking News........Breaking News........ Mobi and ePub versions of AGU-12 are now available through my website. A PDF copy should be available in a couple of days. Then I'll create the version for printing. And once that's done I'll take on the chore of making the new book available through Apple, Kobo, B&N, etc. So by July 1st, it should be available everywhere but at Amazon. I hope fans of the series enjoy the new book.

Susan

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2018, 08:32:50 PM »
It's available! Yay! Enjoy everyone and thank you, Thomas :)

Thomas

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2018, 10:03:06 AM »
Onward and Upward

A PDF copy of AGU-12 is now available on my website along with the Mobi version and the ePub version. Next up, get the print version prepared for the printers. (I need a vacation   :P )

ne0rmatrix

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2018, 02:55:08 AM »
Really happy to hear book is out :) I will be getting a copy when i get paid on the 27th. Can't wait to read it! On disability so i only get paid once a month and i have only one or 2 days a month where i can afford to spend money online lol. Excited to get the ebook soon.

erikd

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2018, 03:28:03 PM »
Holy Moly!! I skip checking the site for one week and totally miss the early release.  Getting it now though!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

decky

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2018, 12:54:57 PM »
Glad I decided to stop by today! Early release is fantastic! Just ordered it from here :)

PS. when is the next one out? :D (Sorry couldn't resist!)

ne0rmatrix

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2018, 10:35:55 AM »
Well i got paid today so i now have the ebook and i am reading it as we speak. Really good so far :)

Thomas

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2018, 10:17:13 AM »
A few small problems with distribution by my media distributor, coupled with minor issues with PayPal, delayed my efforts to have the new book available from my usual marketplace stores on July 1st. Kobo had it up on the 1st of July, but I didn't get it up on B&N (Nook) until the 2nd. I've uploaded it to Apple, and I expect it to appear sometime today. Since the eBook version is available through Kobo (a Rakuten company) it's already available around the world at their locations and affiliates. The print version is also available around the world.

So now that my work is done, I'm going to take a long break from work (perhaps ten minutes as I enjoy a cup of coffee). Then I'll start work on the next book AGU:BP-04  (no title yet).

And no, it will not be ready for purchase next weekend.   :)

I wish all of my fellow Americans a very happy 4th of July as we celebrate our freedom from King George the Third, the very first politician to learn what happens when you try to take away the guns of a people who know that their weapons are the only guaranteed way they have to protect their rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Push them too far with gun control, and you'll (hopefully) live to regret it. Remember those famous words of President Ronald Reagan when he said, "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' Lastly I want to remind our cousins across the pond that we are NOT celebrating our separation from them. It was George the Third who was solely responsible for the crushing taxation and heavy handed dominance of a territory who had NO representation in Parliament. That's sort of like what we have today, except now the oppressive government is located in Washington, D.C.  :D

But things have been getting better.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 07:37:11 PM by Thomas »

midspace

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2018, 05:37:23 PM »
I've finally finished reading The Invasion Begins.
An awesome progression to the story at large. I like seeing what the other races are up to, and I keep wondering if there is going to be more subterfuge.

Hi Thomas!
Something I noticed that crept through into the mobi release, that appears to be draft or review underlines.
I've attached screenshots here from my device. I've removed chunks of the text to stop any spoilers. The sections in question are surrounded by a red box.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u4zejrz4pjqhpwy/IMG_1234.PNG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0j0vkgzbvatwcu/IMG_1235.PNG?dl=0

Thomas

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2018, 08:57:25 PM »
I don't know what those red lines are. I opened the production version of the book using the Kindle desktop software and also the newest version of Calibre. Neither show the red lines on those pages. It has to be something that occured when the file was uploaded to DropBox. I've reported the matter to my media distributor. They'll look into it to see if it occurred at their end. In the meantime, I'll send you a fresh copy if you wish and you can try uploading it to DropBox on your own to see if it appears when you go direct. Just send me the address you want the file sent to.

There's ALWAYS more subterfuge.    ;D
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 08:59:43 PM by Thomas »

midspace

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2018, 04:39:53 AM »
Ah, sorry for the confusion. The red lines are what I drew on the screen capture to highlight the text in question.
In the first image, the word ?to? has an underline in the text.
In the second image, the punctuation has a strike-through and underline. As if you had made a change while document review was on, replacing the period with the question mark.

Thomas

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2018, 10:23:28 AM »
Okay, thanx for clarifying that.

I checked the ePub source code (I write in Word, then manually covert to ePub, then use Calibre to automatically convert to Mobi) and discovered this:  <ins cite="mailto:Dell" datetime="2018-06-10T11:36"> </ins>     in the ePub code. I certainly didn't put it there. A search of the entire book turned up a total of FOUR occurances of that same 'ins' instruction. The ONLY way I can imagine it getting into the code is when I used ePub validator software to verify the code met all ePub 3.O requirements . I'm not making any accusations. I really don't know where it came from. But it's gone now.

Since releasing the book on my website, I've been informed of about five other minor errors (such as missing letters that change the word but are accepted by the spell check). As I learned of them, I updated the book, and have twice uploaded new Mobi and ePub copies to my media distributor so many readers never saw the errors. Towards the end of this new week, I'll be uploading corrected copies in all three formats: Mobi, ePub, and PDF. At that time, an announcement will be sent out to all who purchased the book through my website that they can download the corrected version at no charge. I'll also be uploading corrected copies to Apple, Kobo, and B&N, but I don't know how they handle replacement copies. I imagine they'll send a replacement copy to any customer who requests one, but I don't know for sure.

So if anyone has spotted any errors, please report them now. The readers who have yet to buy the book will appreciate it, and so do I. I strive to make my books as error free as possible. I dislike it when an error pulls my mind out of a story. It ruins the mood.   :(