Author Topic: Readers report difficulties reading AGU eBooks.  (Read 305 times)

Thomas

• Administrator
Readers report difficulties reading AGU eBooks.
« on: November 09, 2017, 11:16:16 AM »
During the past week I've had two readers report reading difficulties with AGU-10 and AGU-11. In both reports, the readers stated that the book 'freezes' about halfway through. In email discussions I've learned that both readers encountered the problem when trying to read the book on their S8+ smartphones. When they read the books on other devices (kindles and tablets), there's no problem. So I have to assume at this point, that the App on the S8 appears to be the problem. No other readers have reported difficulties.

I'll post any additional information I get regarding this issue as I receive it, but I wanted readers to be aware of the potential issue. Whether this is a simple error in the App, or it's Amazon's next assault against Independent authors where Amazon doesn't get a commission from the book sales, I can't say. I guess time will tell. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has experienced this problem, and if it has occurred with books purchased through Amazon where Amazon has already taken their share for simply selling the book (Their SHARE can be up to 70% of the selling price.)

I didn't oppose Amazon's keeping most of the money when they sold one of my books. I stopped offering my new books through Amazon when they started requiring that most eBooks from Independent like myself ALSO be totally exclusive to Amazon. So I always suggest that readers buy my books (in ePub format), from Apple, Barnes & Noble, or Kobo. They carry ALL of my books, as do many other smaller retailers. EPub is the worldwide standard for eBooks, so Amazon will NOT allow it on any of their devices. It keeps people loyal to Amazon when the readers can't get the book they want from anyone else.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 02:55:51 PM by Thomas »

drlarryclements

Re: Readers report difficulties reading AGU eBooks.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 01:05:07 PM »
The Samsung phones have access to two Kindle Apps.  One is Kindle and the other is Kindle for Samsung.

I suggest they try both apps and report back their findings.

Larry