Author Topic: typos in book 11. (spoilers alert)  (Read 448 times)

Ty

typos in book 11. (spoilers alert)
« on: August 01, 2017, 05:23:28 PM »
Found my first error.

Epub version page 257.4 out of 636.
During the AB meeting the sentence "Eight now I'm more concerned with the Denubbewa having Dakinium."
It should be "Right now I'm more concerned with the Denubbewa having Dakinium."

Thomas

• Administrator
Re: typos in book 11. (spoilers alert)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 09:32:22 PM »
You win the race to find the first typo. Thanks for reporting it. It's in Chapter 11, so at least we know the book isn't filled with errors.   ;D

I've corrected both the ePub and the Mobi copy. Everyone who purchased the book gets up to ten attempts to load the book over seven days. All you have to do is click on the purple tab on your receipt and you can download the corrected copy.

Sorry about the error.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 09:34:29 PM by Thomas »

Ty

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 11:09:04 PM »
First and only one i found..... at least during my first read.  Only just finished reading it.  Now i need time to process all this crazy new info you dumped on us.  WOW!! Book 12 now please!

Thomas

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 12:29:47 AM »
Great. One typo isn't bad in a book with just over 104,000 words.

I really loaded the book down with the seeds for future episodes. Now you can see why it was a month late.   ;D

Ty

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 10:25:21 AM »
There is a second possible mistake that I didn't mention because i wasn't quite sure its a mistake.
The eight paragraph in chapter 24.  Epub version page 524 out of 636.
The sentence, "Chrisa smiled at her surprise."
I sure Chrisa was the one that is supposed to be surprised here, so that sentence doesn't quite make sense to me.
And if i find anything else, i'll be sure to post it here. 

Thomas

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 09:13:55 PM »
Yes. Christa was amused by the discovery so she smiled.

Ty

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 05:56:19 PM »
Ok here we go.....

First, this one is only where Chrisa is refering to the Yenisei and Salado as SC Destroyers, instead of Scout-Destroyers.  Maybe not a typo but technically incorrect and i thought i'd just mention it.  Its in chapter 7, epub version page 160.2/636.

Second one might also not be a mistake.  It just says that the Koshi would be traveling at Light-9790 during a bombing run, instead of Marc-1.  Again, i thought i'd mention it, just in case.  Its in chapter 18, epub version page 412.5/636.

Next one, in chapter 19, the sentence: "She understand politics."  It should be: "She understands politics."   Epub version page 428.6/636.

Chapter 21, Lori says to Christa, "Jen, since you arrived last, why don't you take number four."  A bit of a name mix up there.  Epub version page 476.7/636.

And this last one is just a comma that you missed.  I'm not sure if its just me, but every time I've read that part, I've had to stop and reread the sentence because of the missing comma.  Nearly at the end of chapter 22, the sentence: "But some I'm able to retain in my biological brain."  There should be a comma after "some" I think.  Epub version page 502/636.

That's it, I think.  I am by no means a good editor but I do sometimes notice things.  Small mistakes and typos don't bother me personally but I know you probably want to be aware of them.  But now I'm moving on to other books.  I need to get AGU withdrawal over with. Lol  :D ;)

Thomas

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 12:13:03 AM »
I thought I had replied to this post. I guess not. So here goes:

Yes, you're correct. I left off the word Scout in Scout-Destroyer. I suppose someone could argue that a Scout-Destroyer is a Destroyer, but it gives the wrong impression. The Scout-Destroyers are only 115 meters in length, normally captained by a SC Commander, and have a crew of 185, where Destroyers are 400 meters in length, normally captained by a SC Captain, and have a crew of 750.

A ship could travel at Light-9790 when using the double envelope capability under the lockout requirements that prevent a massive energy spike when trying to build a second envelope around an existing envelope, so I used that speed since it was a bombing run and not ordinary travel. In the future, they can travel at any speed within a double envelope since the single envelope capability has been locked unless restored for a special purpose, which would them prevent them from creating a double envelope unless the lockout in restored on single envelope travel. Confused yet? I had to read that three times to make sure it says what I wanted it to say. And I'm still not sure.    ;D

Yes, there should be an 's' there.

Yes, I keep doing that with the three girls when I'm writing with two or more of them in a story. The problem is they all alike to me.   ;D

I once tried to find rules governing the use of commas. After failing to find any grammatical rules that were consistently and universally observed, I accepted the general convention that commas are only used to denote pauses. My editor is always removing my commas because I tend to use them too frequently.   :(

Thanks for pointing out these typos. I'll correct the books so that future readers will better enjoy the read.

Ty

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 04:25:14 PM »
I once tried to find rules governing the use of commas. After failing to find any grammatical rules that were consistently and universally observed, I accepted the general convention that commas are only used to denote pauses. My editor is always removing my commas because I tend to use them too frequently.   :(

I don't know the "officiel" rules all that well either.  The sentence probably works both ways, with a pause, or without one.  I just figured it reads a lot better with one.  I always hated gammer and english in my school years though and often had trouble with the technicalities on the subject.  Somehow, my love of books stayed alive though. :)

Ty

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 01:48:55 PM »
Found another one during my latest reread.

Epub version, page 65/636.  The sentence:  "Aren't we already treated as equals?" Kaycee asked.

Kaycee can't talk yet.  I think it should be *Ruby asked.*