Author Topic: Back on line again!  (Read 92 times)

Thomas

• Administrator
Back on line again!
« on: May 22, 2017, 04:08:53 PM »
Last evening, actually very early this morning, as I ended my writing work for the day, I came to this forum to see if I had to remove any SPAM and ban the spammer from the site. While here I noticed a message that a newer version of the forum software was available. Usually, new software means they're closing a security breach being exploited by hackers. So I updated the software. After I completed the process I checked to ensure it was working but I couldn't open the forum. I played around for awhile, trying the whole time to keep my eyes from glazing over or closing completely, but nothing I tried worked. So I finally gave up.

The forum was unavailable for about half a day for that reason. Today, once again wide awake, I discovered the problem with the help of the SMF website and it took just two minutes to correct. I just had to make one simple upgrade to my server.

So we're back in business again. I apologize to anyone who may have tried to log in but was prevented. Hopefully, the new software upgrade will prevent hackers from causing problems (but they just never give up trying).