Author Topic: A galaxy unknown omnibus ?  (Read 459 times)

Micromancer

A galaxy unknown omnibus ?
« on: November 30, 2016, 02:58:34 PM »
Maybe you could make tree omnibus editions out of the first nine or ten books, for a lower price than the single books .
It would be good for people who start with the series and might increase sales of your older books and make it easier and more affordable to get to the newer books in the series.
Of course mayor editing would be good to minimise repetitions you need with individuall book (a big hassle with most omnibuss versions).

« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 03:10:55 AM by Micromancer »

Thomas

• Administrator
Re: A galaxy unknown omnibus ?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 07:05:30 AM »
How much repetition is required is one of my biggest problems. Some folks require very little and complain that I repeat facts too often, while others tell me that I should remind readers more often. Usually, it's the folks that have never been in the military that need the more frequent reminders regarding procedures and protocols. A major rewrite of all previous books for an omnibus edition would probably take a year, so that's something I should postpone for a later time while I concentrate on new stories.  ;D

Micromancer

Re: A galaxy unknown omnibus ?
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 11:46:20 AM »
That is why most just put them together and add a little note or short story to them.
Anyway just keep up the good work. Love the new book.