Author Topic: Ruwalchu Description?  (Read 504 times)

erikd

Ruwalchu Description?
« on: September 27, 2016, 12:18:37 AM »
Just wondering if there's a description of the Ruwalchus' physical appearance in any of the books.  I don't remember seeing it.  Thanks  :)

Thomas

• Administrator
Re: Ruwalchu Description?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 08:13:47 AM »
I don't recall actually describing the species anywhere in the books. I intended them to have a larger role to date, but plans change as books progress during the creative processes. Plans call for them to appear in future books. Here's the description for them that I have in my story notes:

Ruwalch Confederacy ? The species has a thick body, almost massively thick, and two spindly arms that end in eight fingers. It doesn't have shoulders exactly. The top part of its body just sort of narrows and becomes a wide head. There is no visible nose, but it has a mouth and two eyes.

There are a number of species I've never described because their roles in books have been small to date. They include the Eulosians, Flordaryns, Cheblook, Blenod, Aguspod, Kweedee, and Thurins. Some sci-fi authors make all of their species very similar in appearance to Terrans, but I enjoy fantasizing on a more practical level. What are the chances that extraterrestrials would look just like us? I'd say about one in a hundred trillion. There are features that aliens must possess to have progressed to a point where they can function the way we do and interact with us, but there's no  limit to what the form of an alien could be.

Ty

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 08:44:16 PM »
I glad to hear we'll see more of the Ruwalchu.  My impression of them has so far been somewhat positive.  It is my opinion that they will become good allies with the GA though I may be wrong.  Thats the feeling i get.

This is my own personal theory on what will happen: it doesn't make sense that the Denubbew have bypassed Ruwalchu space to claim GA space.  So i think that there are Denubbew mother ships in Ruwalchu space as well and that eventually the GA will help the Ruwalchu fight them.  That is just my own theory, however wild it may be.

Thomas

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 12:41:16 PM »
There are three AGU series, and I've tried to keep the storylines in each consistent with the other two series. I know that some readers have embraced the main AGU series and ignored the spinoffs, so I've tried to keep each series from relying on the others, but if readers don't read all three of the series, they may miss some important things that support the storyline in the one series in which they are most interested. One of those things concerns the Denubbewa. In the novella, The Star Brotherhood, Trader Vyx and his team encounter the Denubbewa in Region Three. More importantly, it appears that the Denubbewa were there long before they appeared in Region Two. The implication is that they never traveled through or even close to the Ruwalchu territory. If you look at the maps in the back of the later books, or at the images on the Maps page on the website, you can see that the area below Region Three is unclaimed (and is even unexplored). That border is where the Denubbewa actually entered GA space. But it's safe to say that while the Ruwalchu haven't encountered the Denubbewa as yet, that will not last.   :D

Ty

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 06:17:40 PM »
I have read and love both the border patrol books and the star brotherhood.  My thoery is just a thoery and i never expect it to be completely accurate.  I am also aware of the maps and have studied them.  I have just always assumed that the Ruwalchu territory is between the GA and the Denubbewa. 

erikd

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 02:09:38 PM »
Thanks for the response and description Thomas!  Just finished my re-read of AGU.  Looks like I'll have to buy the Trader Vyx book while I'm waiting for the next Marcola :D

Ty

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 04:26:00 PM »
Btw there is a brief description of the Ruwalchu in AGU book 9 when Jenetta confronts that Ruwalchu warship.  I happen to be rereading the series myself.