Author Topic: Entering accurate contact information when ordering  (Read 321 times)

Thomas

• Administrator
Entering accurate contact information when ordering
« on: April 05, 2016, 02:00:28 PM »
From time to time I have to make contact with readers who have purchased a product from the DePrima.com store. It's always frustrating when purchasers leave incomplete or inaccurate data. For example, this morning I received an email from a customer who claimed they didn't receive a book they ordered and paid for. Actually, what this customer said is that the book did not appear on their 2nd Kindle. The first assumption is that the book appeared on one of their registered devices and that the book file is also in their DOCS folder. I tried to contact the buyer at the gmail account they gave at the time they placed the order, but the message was returned by Google with the response that no such email account exists. I tried again with just a simple message, but it was returned as well. The message from the customer came through my media distributor's (Selz) message center rather than directly from a gmail account, so I had no way to confirm the address information. When I tried to respond using the Selz message center, it also couldn't contact the user. Since the customer used either a credit card or a debit card, I can't even contact Paypal to relay a message. I only knew the snail mail address of the customer. I'll send a letter but it will take a couple of days to arrive there.

So I am left with no way to contact the user quickly, and that user is probably getting angry waiting for me to respond. But there is nothing I can do. So please make sure that you enter your contact information correctly when you place an order. I NEVER use addresses for any purpose other than legitimate contact reasons regarding a purchase. I don't even add email addresses to my mailing list without the customer making such a request. I feel that with mailing lists, a customer should have the option to sign up or not sign up.To get put on my mailing list, the customer must personally add their name and email address by entering that information in the form on my CONTACT page. It would appear that the customer never received a valid receipt for the purchase, which would have been sent to their email account, so they can't even use the resend capability associated with the link on the receipt. So please check your contact information for accuracy before completing the order process.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 07:03:03 AM by Thomas »