Author Topic: AGU Border Patrol III  (Read 2450 times)

Thomas

• Administrator
Re: AGU Border Patrol III
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2016, 01:09:32 AM »
Yea!  It's available!

The Mobi version and the ePub version are now available. The PDF version will be out sometime in the next two days.

I really pushed to get this done so there may be a few small typos in it. If anyone spots one, please let me know so I can fix the master copy. And let me know if you like it or hate it. I think it turned out great, but I'm naturally just a tiny bit prejudiced.  ;D

Okay, I've been working on it for the past seventeen hours straight so I'm going to get some sleep. Enjoy.

Ty

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2016, 07:44:45 AM »
Yea!  It's available!

The Mobi version and the ePub version are now available. The PDF version will be out sometime in the next two days.

I really pushed to get this done so there may be a few small typos in it. If anyone spots one, please let me know so I can fix the master copy. And let me know if you like it or hate it. I think it turned out great, but I'm naturally just a tiny bit prejudiced.  ;D

Okay, I've been working on it for the past seventeen hours straight so I'm going to get some sleep. Enjoy.

:o I prefer the PDF format, but I won't be waiting for it.  I'll buy the epub later today.  Thanks a lot.

I'll tell you of I spot any typos or mistakes.  I think I spotted a few in Azula Carver but I never mentioned them.  The only one I remember now is that you somewhere used Christa where it should have been Eliza.  Thats in the pdf version.

stads

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2016, 10:12:34 AM »
loved reading the book thx for writing it
hope she gets a upgrade in ship though

Evilpi314

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2016, 12:09:02 PM »
Well, I'm not sure she needs an upgrade on the ship, Justice seems like it can get the job done. Thomas, sir, there are a couple of typos and such like.  Do you wish to know about them and, if so, how do you wish to be informed?

My response to the book itself is in another post.

Thomas

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2016, 12:23:23 PM »
I'll correct them and update the story files on my site immediately so that all new readers get the cleanest version possible. Anyone who has already purchased the book can download another copy for up to ten days after the date of the purchase simply by clicking on the purple link on the sales receipt that was emailed to them.

Even with all the eyes that have seen this book, a few small errors always sneak past. I would prefer to set a completed book aside for a few weeks and then read through it again with a fresh pair of eyes, but I know that fans are anxious to get the books so I do the best I can with proofing and then rely on reports of typos to get those nagging little errors cleaned up. And I also have to get moving on the new Jenetta book.   ;D

Send any typos or story corrections to business@deprima.com.  Thanks.

Thomas

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2016, 07:17:41 PM »
The PDF version has now been added to my website.

Next job is getting the books up on B&N, Kobo, and Apple.

Then I'll try to get the newsletter announcement made and sent out.

kj46

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2016, 11:22:03 PM »
Well it was worth the wait and was a great furthering of the story - only sad part is that I have already finished it and I guess the next book is months away  :(

Thomas

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2016, 02:20:44 AM »
Well it was worth the wait and was a great furthering of the story - only sad part is that I have already finished it and I guess the next book is months away  :(

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I guess I'm lucky in that Sydnee, Jenetta, Vyx, and all the others are my constant companions. For me, the separation never seems like months, or even hours, because I think about their problems and lives as much as I think about my own.   ;D

decky

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2016, 09:14:13 AM »
Just decided to read the first 2 again and the third has been released! Great timing!

Insta-purchased!

Now... about that 4th book....... ok ok... you can have xmas off! lol  8) :P :D

Thomas

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2016, 09:42:12 AM »
Just decided to read the first 2 again and the third has been released! Great timing!

Insta-purchased!

Now... about that 4th book....... ok ok... you can have xmas off! lol  8) :P :D

I hope you enjoy the third book.   :)

I regret to inform you that although I already have a basic plot developed in my mind for AGU: Border Patrol Book 4, it will be a while before it's available. I've begun work on Changing of the Guard (AGU 11) and I've got some ideas for the next AGU: SCI novella. Both of those books are scheduled already.  :(

But the good news is that I'm only going to work in the AGU story universe this coming year.   8)

Ty

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2016, 11:12:51 AM »
I hope you enjoy the third book.   :)

I regret to inform you that although I already have a basic plot developed in my mind for AGU: Border Patrol Book 4, it will be a while before it's available. I've begun work on Changing of the Guard (AGU 11) and I've got some ideas for the next AGU: SCI novella. Both of those books are scheduled already.  :(

But the good news is that I'm only going to work in the AGU story universe this coming year.   8)

Hmmm.... I suspect "changing of the guard" refers to the transition between Jenetta and Admiral Moore to Admiral of the Fleet.  Now i can't wait for book 11.  It might still be way to early to ask this, but do you still expect to finish AGU 11 in the first quarter of 2017 (before April)?

Thomas

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2016, 11:51:48 AM »
Hmmm.... I suspect "changing of the guard" refers to the transition between Jenetta and Admiral Moore to Admiral of the Fleet.  Now i can't wait for book 11.  It might still be way to early to ask this, but do you still expect to finish AGU 11 in the first quarter of 2017 (before April)?

I've had so many ups and downs with Clidepp Deja Vu that I'm a bit gun shy when it comes to prognosticating publishing dates, but I will say that I'm shooting for April 1st. And I can state that was just a joke later if I fail to get it done.   8)

Evilpi314

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2016, 12:39:09 PM »
Glad to know that you will only be working AGU this coming year, that bodes well for all of us who enjoy this universe that you have created. Being a retired person and also disabled, I am home a great deal. I read a lot! But, sometimes, I just lean back in my chair put my feet up and call up one of my favorite characters in my mind. You know, sort of like, "Hey there! Are you going out on an adventure? If so, do you mind if I tag along for the ride?"  I have lost track of how many times it's Sydnee that leads me out into the great beyond.  :)

BP3 is a great story and is sure to lead me on many more adventures. Do you know, once when I was under the weather, Sydnee led me on a mission that lasted just over 4 days? When I returned to myself I realized that there was about 3 full novels worth of story she had presented me with. What a wonderful time that was. I know, I sound like some crazy old nutcase, well so what? I'm having fun.

Thomas

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2016, 11:05:49 PM »
As someone who was born with an overactive imagination, and considers himself very fortunate to have that wonderful gift, I'm certainly not going to criticize someone else who was gifted in a like manner. When I finally lie my head down on the pillow each night, I can't stop my thoughts from turning to Sydnee, Jenetta, and the others.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 04:10:02 PM by Thomas »

Thomas

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2016, 08:34:24 PM »
Clidepp Deja Vu is now available on Barnes & Noble for the Nook, on Kobo, and in the 51 Apple iTunes stores around the world.

Readers continue to ask me when I'm going to resolve my differences with Amazon and begin publishing my new books there again. The answer is: probably never.

If Amazon stops requiring exclusivity, I will publish there again. But I don't really expect Jeff Bezos and Amazon to end their efforts at monopolizing the entire worldwide eBook seller industry. Bezos and Amazon reportedly control 65% of the worldwide eBook market, but that's not enough for them. They want it all. Amazon does offer authors such as myself access to the largest market of readers, and many authors believe that makes it worth surrendering their independence (i.e selling their soul) and accepting Amazon's requirement that Amazon be the ONLY company in the entire world with a license to sell that author's books. Did you know that an author who buys into Amazon's plan to control the entire book market can't even sell books through their own website, as I do here? The use of marketing muscle to convince, some  would say coerce, authors to name Amazon as the sole distributor of an author's books, is unacceptable to me. And if Bezos should one day establish a 100% monopoly of self-published books, I STILL won't publish there. So I guess he'll never really have 100%. But I'm quite sure that 99.999999999999% would satisfy him.

I offer my new books in mobi format here on my website as an accommodation to readers who use Kindles, so I wish readers would stop asking me when I'm going to publish on Amazon again, or asking me to resolve my differences with Amazon (which means I must surrender my position and yield to the 800 lb. gorilla in the room) so they can save a couple of minutes effort in accessing my books. If ease of downloading is of paramount importance, the reader can always get the book in ePub format from Apple, Kobo, or Barnes & Noble.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 10:28:11 PM by Thomas »